These images are all quotes and words from the lovely poet Monique Duval. The images above read (in order):
- “Every Friday night, they go out on the town. They wear strapless dresses to show off their tattoos, they fling their everyday cares out the window. They split a beer at the ice house. Their grandchildren wonder what the neighbors think.”
- “‘Once you get over the fear, then it’s a cinch’ she said. And she leaped into a mountainous and unexplored region of her heart”
- “She decided to free herself, dance in the wind, create a new language. And birds fluttered around her, writing “yes” in the sky”.
- “That’s the way it is with dreams. They scratch at your door. You see them through the peep hole: a stray dream looking for a home. You think it might go away if you ignore it. Wrong. It’s still there when you open the door, smiling. Wagging its tail.”
- “Today I had a conversation with my true self. She asked me why I had abandoned her, why I had ignored all her constant advice. And then she reminded me of all the things I had forgotten. And never once did she say ‘I told you so’”
- “She’s turning her life into something sacred. Each breath, a new birth. Each moment, a new chance. She bows her head, gathers her dreams from a pure, deep stream and stretches her arms to the sky”.
I hope today you begin (or continue) to view your life as something sacred. Something wonderful, lovely, fantastic, one-of-a-kind and purposeful. Because your life IS and you ARE! You can buy journals and notebooks with the quotes above here. Happy Monday, enjoy it! xo