Last week, my roommate and I had a DIY night – one of the things we made was this fun metallic collar for a button up shirt. We were inspired by Geri’s lovely post and wanted to try it out! All you need is: a button up shirt (or any with a collar, really), scissors, pen, 2 ft x 6 inches gold fabric, fabric glue/hot glue gun. After laying the gold fabric over the shirt, you simply trace over the collar, cut accordingly and glue on. Pretty simple, right? Geri’s looks a little better than ours, but I’m excited to wear the *new metallic button up soon!
On the topic of DIY, I’m excited to announce that today is the start of TODAY‘s DIY Style Week! Monday through Friday of this week will feature videos, tutorials, images and more on-air, as well as on the TODAY Facebook and Twitter pages. Follow the conversation by including #DIYWeekTODAY in your tweets!
Here’s the DIY Style Week schedule:
- Monday: Bobbie, NBC TODAY’s Style Editor >>> make foiled fashion
- Tuesday: Erica from http://psimadethis.com >>> make an iPad cover
- Wednesday: Geneva from http://apair-andaspare.blogspot.com/ >>> make a scarf watch
- Thursday: Kristen from http://www.GlitterNGlue.com >>> make a faux fur collar
- Friday: Jeni from http://ispy-diy.blogspot.com/ >>> make rhinestone earrings
Make sure to check it out! Enjoy your Monday! xo